S1E6: Handling Conflict
Your mate is not your enemy
War doesn’t determine who’s right, only who’s left.
All relationships will face conflict. The way we are able to deal with our conflict will ultimately determine the health of our relationship. Dealing with conflict is not about winning or losing the argument, it’s about working towards understanding one another and growing together.
In our discussion, we share two models of dealing with conflict – an unhealthy way (GRIPE), and a healthy way (GROWTH). We don’t want to avoid conflict, but we want to learn how to lean into conflict in a healthy way.
Ruth Bell Graham said: “A happy marriage is the union of two forgivers”. Learning how to deal with conflict and how to move towards reconciliation will help build resilience and strength in your relationship.
Available wherever you listen to podcasts:
- S1 E1: How Relationships Flourish
- S1 E2: Marriage Myths
- S1 E3: Let’s Talk
- S1 E4: The Master Plan
- S1 E5: Differences
- S1 E6: Handling Conflict
- S1 E7: Sex In Marriage
- S1 Bonus: Yvonne Godfrey – Effective Parenting
- S1 E8: How to be effective in your role as a husband or wife
- S1 Bonus: Marriage Mentoring – Neil and Sharol Josephson
- S1 E9: Married with kids – The 3 R’s on the mission of raising the next generation
Spread help and hope by sharing to your favourite platform